Today has been a long day! First, we got to go to this little awesome church called Barrabbas Road where the Pastor really talked from his heart about taking up your cross daily. I really loved what he was talking about. Afterwards, we all went across the street to the park where one of the church's personal trainers did personal training for us! It was an intense hour-- and then some people were playing soccer the whole time too! Let's see.... I got a car yesterday!!! We have been driving all around the city with the help of TOMTOM and it has been awesome! Right now, I'm sitting in the church washing my sheets and hoping the internet will stay connected. Tomorrow we are starting a service project- I think we are doing yard work for local elderly. The rest of the week is a surprise! I guess I'm still just trying to understand why God sent me to San Diego and what His will is for me here. It is a great comfort to have Ashley here with me.. but I feel like I' m relying on her alot. Maybe when my partner gets here I will be able to reach out a little more and put myself out there. Some people are making fun of my accent but for the most part people here are friendly. It seems that no one is actually "from" S.D.- everyone seems to just migrate this way. I am missing the family just a wee bit... I guess this summer just seems so different from last summer and I just can't wrap my head around it. I'm really missing yellowstone but I know I am here this summer so I'm trying to focus on that. We are sleeping on air mattresses and for some reason mine is ghetto- and keeps deflating half way through the night... but other than that this girl can't complain. Thanks for the love and prayers!
Lord, please open my heart to your will and the power of the cross. Allow me to continue to grow in my understanding of you and I pray that you will be with our team that arrives next week. Help me stay confident of who I am within you and help me to show the fruits of the spirit in all that I do. Thank you for the many blessing thus far and be with all the people I love back home and my friends all over the Earth!
jackattack! I am so glad you're doing a blog this summer. Also what's your's (and Ashley's) address out there in Cali?
ReplyDelete