Hey friends! Well, I can't believe its only been a week that I've been here in good ole' San Diego. It feels like months!! I have already learned soooooo much and feel so different in just a week! Today, I got to talk to my parents for the first time in a while and it was so refreshing. There is something about talking to your momma that comforts your heart! So, we are starting preparation for the rest of my team to get here. I'm really excited to meet my partner for the summer! I have been praying for her and I can't wait to get started! I've been cruising around in my car which I named SeaBreeze, breezy for short, and really learning how to navigate around San Diego (with the help of TomTom of course). Its a complex city but we will conquer the roads!
Lately, I've been really starting to figure out my place in God's plan. It's so exciting to hear people here talk about revival and I just want to be apart of it! I am starting to realize that I am becoming different from other people. My desires are starting to look very different from those around me. I've really been praying for God to utilize me fully- and I can definitely feel Him changing me. Today, we went shopping at a mall... and I walked around looking at things and thinking how nice they looked. Instead of wanting everything, I just thought how nice stuff was but kept on walking because I didn't need anything. That is totally an answered prayer because I use to struggle with desiring materialistic things to no end Praise God!!!
I got to talk on the phone to a friend from last summer, Jeremy, and it was just so nice to talk real with someone about my feelings of complete inadequacy as a Christian here in San Diego. I just feel like there are so many flaws in my makeup... and I don't even know where to begin to fix them... But I know God can help me to become more like Him and that is so comforting! I'm excited to see how God is going to change me this summer and those around me. They always say that you get more out of a mission trip then you give...and I really think that will be the case here- because I have so little to contribute to this BIG thing God is doing in San Diego. I am so blessed to have somewhere to live and food to eat and I just can't help but feel blessed with those basic needs met! God is soo Good and I am so in love with Him! I feel like I am learning that God wants us to have lives full of joy but sometimes we have to suffer to see His Glory and I pray that if that is His will- I will suffer like His son did 2000 years ago to shine for Him. I've been praying that my pride be shattered and my sense of entitlement be broken. I want to feel so dependent on God that nothing else can hurt me. My heart and my soul cry out to You, Lord.
I will live to love you
I will live to bring you praise
I will live a child in awe of you
Until I see you face to face
and grace amazing takes me home
I'll trust in you
I am excited to go to a new church in the morning and meet more passionate followers of Christ!
No comments:
Post a Comment