Thursday, August 26, 2010

Waiting and thinking...

So, I'm sitting in line waiting to give blood. They are on number 5 and I am number 13 so I may be here for a while...anyways when I sit like this with nothing to do or read... I start to think..

So, I want to share what God has been showing me..
Okay, so we all know it's imperative to love God with all your heart right? Well what happens when we take this seriously? What does it really mean to love God with all your heart??

Do we actually know HOW to love God with our WHOLE heart? I know sometimes I don't.

Lately, I've been struggling with this concept. You see I've always been your typical christian who "behaves" like a nice young lady should... And you know what? God showed me that is important but not the MOST important thing. I think so many times in life we work to achieve what humans expect of us and forget what God calls us too-
I know my calling is to LOVE God. That is becoming more real as I see there are other things in my life I love more.

When we are passionate about something we can't help but share that with others... So if God is the #1 desire of my heart- I won't have an issue sharing my faith.

Could it be possible that God loves me so much that He is selfish for my heart- and will withhold certain desires I have (oh let's be frank- a husband) until I am fully 100% head over heels, passionately pursuing and - madly in love with Him?

What are you in Love with? How awesome is it to say God, my Father?


Alright, time to give some blood.. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment