This place gets in you. It's hard to explain but there is a vibe that I've picked up- and I don't think I am going to lose it. In fact, I don't think I want to lose it. Life here is real and simple. People LOVE the outdoors and they do what they have to do to get by. I think I may live here one day. It may be something in the water-- but I've definitely been sipping on it.
It's dark here. There aren't too many believers. I'm okay with that. In fact, it draws me to this place even more. I want to stay here to develop real relationships with people and shine for Christ. I have developed an authentic and beautiful love for Alaskans and I am sad to leave this place and these people.
I want to squeeze every moment out of the time I have left. I know God has others plans for me but I am heartbroken to leave. This is one for the books, folks. I can guarantee that I am not the same Jackie anymore.
Now, I have to figure out how to translate this to my life in Georgia.
No comments:
Post a Comment