Saturday, July 11, 2009

I'm all out of witty titles

Well friends, today has been a VERY long day. I'm going to be completely honest and let ya'll know that I'm a worn out missionary. In fact, its been a rough couple of days. You see, a couple of weeks ago I started to see that I struggled with spiritual pride.. and I started asking God to humble me.. and that is one prayer He answered really fast! I'm not complaining because I know I am not perfect and can always grow and change-- but it's been hard. This past week, I was selected to go and work with "high risk" kids that were in summer school. They are all going into the 9th grade and the goal of the program is to help them before they are in high school. On Wednesday, we went and hung out with them at school and today we took them to a High Ropes Course.. in the middle of the desert! It was amazing seeing them all freak out on the ropes and drop the tough kid image fast when they got scared. I feel so lucky to have gotten to go, but I am a little sad that we won't get to see them again. You see, this summer has been a lot of short term ministry... and I guess I just would like to see the end of something... or be able to invest long term.

I am also still trying to figure out why exactly God has brought me to San Diego. I know I have learned SOOOOOO much already... but I still don't feel like I have a true purpose. As of yesterday, I was ready to go home.. and call it a summer experience- But thank the Lord I have a friend who encouraged me.. and told me that the next 3 weeks could be the most impacting weeks we've had yet-- and I shouldn't give up yet. Please continue to pray for us here. I guess I'm just like Paul- when he talks about wishing he could have gone to Rome sooner.. to produce some fruit- but God had a Bigger plan.. and sometimes we have to trust that God sees the bigger picture.. especially when we feel blind.

Thank you for your support and prayers.. I'm sorry this isn't a very deep blog.. but you can't really write about something you don't know.

2 comments:

  1. I guess I should say, my favorite part of this is
    "But you can't really write about something you don't know"
    it's real and fresh :) I love it.

    ReplyDelete